The Office of the Special Envoy works closely with local and international organizations operating in Somalia and with all Government ministries, including the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Energy and Water, the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, and the Ministry of Interior, specifically its Somali Disaster Management Agency (SoDMA). Additionally, the Office has a strong relationship with the Federal Member States.
For individuals seeking to donate to the humanitarian response for people affected by the drought in Somalia, here are a list of relevant organizations.
- GREDO (local NGO) – health, water, livelihoods, environmental management & governance: https://gredosom.org/donations/sustainable-opportunities-for-more-accessible-livelihoods-and-integrated-assistance/
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (UN managed fund) – funds are shared for vital humanitarian programming among UN agencies, local & international NGOs: https://crisisrelief.un.org/t/somalia
- IOM (UN) – holistic support for internally displaced persons (camp management, water, shelter, health care, nutrition & other): https://donate.iom.int/somalia-needs-your-help
- Save the Children (British International NGO) – holistic support for children: https://donate.savethechildren.org/en
- Concern (Irish International NGO) – health care, nutrition & livelihood support: https://www.concern.net/where-we-work/somalia?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnP-ZBhDiARIsAH3FSRddOhIK6fvJLiE-l7LcXImIocpCZ0HohkZsp83oiQ9rO7hz6A71JQIaAoGEEALw_wcB
- International Rescue Committee (IRC) (American International NGO) – humanitarian support to drought affected families: https://www.rescue.org/country/somalia
List of local and international NGOs working in Somalia:
List of UN organizations working in Somalia:
Please note that contact the Office of the Special Envoy if you would like to enquire about your donate page to appear in the above list.